High maturity includes selecting the right measurement data to collect and what to do with that measurement data to support effective decision making about the business that will improve performance stability and predictability. The appropriate measurements and analysis enable the organization to understand its processes well enough to optimize them and affect the bottom line.
In the CMMI models, the term “high maturity” refers to the process areas Causal Analysis and Resolution (CAR), Organizational Performance Management (OPM), Organizational Process Performance (OPP), and Quantitative Project or Work Management (QPM or QWM). The practices in these process areas cover making decisions based on performance data.
Here are some other helpful resources regarding CMMI high maturity:
- CrossTalk Issue Touts High-Level CMMI Maturity
- Measuring Product Quality to Expand High Maturity Capability
- Managing Change While Advancing To High Maturity
- Seeing The Business Value In High Maturity
- High Maturity: Slow and Steady Wins the Race
- Agile-Enabled High Maturity
- High Performance Estimates: A High Maturity Case Study
- Integrating Scrum and CMMI High Maturity Practices for Rapid High-Value Performance
- CGI Federal CMMI High Maturity Implementation
- Escalating Agile Practices In A High Maturity Software Factory
- Creation and Use of a Simple Process Performance Model