The V2.0 Appraisal Team Member (ATM) Participation policy can be found here.
In general, the requirements to be an ATM on a CMMI V2.0 appraisal are as follows:
- Potential ATMs must possess at least 3 years of experience performing the type of work being appraised. (An appraiser may accept one team member with less than 3 years' experience with rationale recorded in the appraisal plan.)
- Potential ATMs must have taken an official introduction course or upgrade course for CMMI V2.0. These courses will be one of the following:
- Foundations of Capability AND a View-specific course (i.e. Building Development Excellence, Building Service Excellence, or Building Supplier Management Excellence for an ATM who would like to serve on a CMMI V2.0 appraisal)
- CMMI V2.0 Upgrade Training (completed through either an In-Person Partner-Led Section OR Elearning offering).
- All ATMs must have an be active Certified CMMI Associate (V2.0). This credential is achieved by passing the Certified CMMI Associate Exam (V2.0). The Certified CMMI Associate credential is valid for three years from the date of passing the exam. The Certified CMMI Associate Exam is assigned to any individual who is registered for Foundations of Capability or CMMI V2.0 Upgrade Training (Partner-Led or Elearning).
Please see How to Upgrade Your CMMI Training for more information.
*For an individual who would like to serve on a High Maturity appraisal for CMMI V2.0, it is also necessary to have successfully completed the High Maturity Concepts course in addition to the View-specific course.
Can someone who has only ever taken CMMI V2.0 training be an ATM on a CMMI V1.3 appraisal
No. The CMMI V2.0 training is not backward compatible, which means that CMMI V2.0 training will not qualify an individual to be an ATM on a CMMI V1.3 appraisal. CMMI V1.3 is very different from CMMI V2.0. There were many changes and upgrades, so any individual who wants to participate as an ATM for a CMMI V1.3 Appraisal must complete the CMMI V1.3 training (i.e., Introduction to CMMI for Development or Introduction to CMMI for Services).
If you have questions about whether or not you satisfy these requirements, please inquire at email@example.com.