The requirements to be an Appraisal Team Member (ATM) on a CMMI V2.0 appraisal are as follows:
- Potential ATMs must possess at least 3 years of experience performing the type of work being appraised. (An appraiser may accept one team member with less than 3 years' experience with rationale recorded in the appraisal plan.)
- Potential ATMs must have taken an official introduction course or upgrade course for CMMI V2.0. These courses will be one of the following:
- Foundations of Capability AND a View-specific course (i.e. Building Development Excellence for an ATM who would like to participate on a CMMI Development appraisal)
- CMMI V2.0 Upgrade Training (completed through either an in-person OR elearning offering (elearning available starting September 2018)).
- All ATMs must take and pass the CMMI V2.0 Associate Exam. This exam will be assigned to any individual who is signed up for one of the courses mentioned above.
Please see How to Upgrade Your CMMI Training for more information.
*For an individual who would like to participate on a High Maturity appraisal for CMMI V2.0, they also need to have taken the High Maturity Concepts course.
If you have questions about whether or not you satisfy these requirements, please inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org.